Pants

Thursday, August 09, 2007

I Hate Winnipeg

I'm back in Winnipeg for a while. Bittersweet, I suppose.

My Last Supper in Edinburgh (visitor, Rosemary, Ben, me, Alison). We went for Indian food. Twas a busy night, and the service was slow. Alison had a plan, though: crack a smile, speak some Hindi -- voilĂ ! In the end, we even got a free bottle of wine (to add to the considerable amount we'd already drunk waiting for the food). Pretty much the best last night in a place a guy could ask for. Made it almost impossible to leave.

Second last supper in Edinburgh. With Alison, Yohan, and his wife Vimani (spelt phoenetically). Delicious Sri Lankan curry.

En route to the 'Peg I met my old friend Jeanette in New York City. That's Lady Liberty in the background.

Looking at Times Square from the Empire State Building.

Jeanette looking at some Jackson Pollock.

Good ol' Andy. (photo: j)

Saw the lead singer of the Cardigans playing in a small club. Great. (photo: j)

Saw an outdoor movie: Fountianhead. (photo: j)

Carnegie Deli: This is a ridiculously humongous and meaty sandwich by anyone's standards -- especially a quasi-vegetarian like myself. (photo: j)

Jeanette on the Empire State Building.

Some Graffiti. (photo: j)

Jeanette's feet after walking around NYC for 18 hours in flip-flops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home