Pants

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Chillin' with Bob Dylan

Went to a wee party in Glasgow last night in honour of Dr Szu-Wei Chen (second from left, apron). Having just recently completed his PhD in popular music studies, you'd think that he might have at least a cursory knowledge of Bob Dylan. Nope. So the deal was that Wei would cook dinner and Matt (third from right, white shirt) would introduce him to Bob Dylan. The mix of Dylan lovers (Matt; Michael-John, far left) and Dylan haters (Mark, far right; Bill, far back) -- all of whom are serious music nerds -- made for a pretty peppy evening.

3 Comments:

Blogger doug said...

To which camp do you belong? Lover or hater?

10:24 PM  
Blogger kyle said...

I know what I hate, and I don't hate Dylan. At the same time, I'm certainly not as passionate about him as some.

I actually saw ol' Bobby play Glasgow a couple of months back. Twas great.

Since I'm commenting, I might as well point out that until last night, Wei thought Bob Dylan was a Brit pretending to be American.

11:05 PM  
Blogger doug said...

Wow, so he still gets out? I thought he was mostly mowing his lawn or shoveling snow at his place in Minnesota these days.

I can see how Wei would think he was a Brit in that he's got that skinny, leathery, never-gonna-die quality I tend to associate with old British rockers.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home