Pants

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Stuff That's Done & Stuff To Come

Done: After over a month of living the life of a book-bound anchorite, all of my essays are finally submitted. I've been celebrating these past few days. First, I went to see Cinematic Orchestra (the best jazz-electronica band ever). Then I went to see a funk band featuring trombonist Fred Wesley and The Funky Drummer, Clyde Stubblefield. Both are known for their work with James Brown. The Funky Drummer is revered for having performed the second most sampled break beat ever (the first being Amen break).

To come: I'm planning a trip to Brussels for next weekend. Then I have to write a paper/presentation for my first egghead convention (i.e. academic conference), which takes place in June.

"Women in Black started in 1988 when Israeli and Palestinian women stood together in vigil in Jerusalem to end the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and Gaza. The international movement Women in Black was awarded the Millennium peace prize by the United Nations in 2001."

1 Comments:

Blogger DesignFiend said...

Nice hussle pal. been thinking about you a lot lately. I really miss Auld Reeke (or however you spell it)

4:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home