Pants

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

C'est L'Halloween -- Hey!

I bailed on going to the Sound Archives in London last week because I was too busy. As it turns out, the department might set up funding for me to go there and do research for my smaller, pre-dissertation project anyways.
Saturday: Witnessed a face-pounding, glass-breaking, table-overturning, eye-gouging, high-heel-stomping fight between two groups of people in a lounge-ish pub (for those of you who know, think Cafe 22 with hint more pub). Even the DJ got in on it.
Other than that, my brain has been wrapped around the philosophy of listening, the politics of memory, and why records were black. Oh, I was also around for some pumpkin carving. This one I (cleverly) refer to as a 'punk-in' on account of its spikey doo. We made three types of punk-in seeds: salt 'n' peppa, spicy curry, and cinnamon/sugar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home